Product Summary:The Chord Electronics CPA 3000 Linestage Preamplifier is an outstanding preamp with flexible input and output options and delivers the purest audio experience with minimal distortion.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
CPA 3000 Solid State Linestage Preamplifier by Chord Electronics
The Chord Electronics CPA 3000 Linestage Preamplifier is an outstanding preamp with flexible input and output options and delivers the purest audio experience with minimal distortion.
The CPA 3000 draws on many of the technologies found in the Chord flagship Reference range preamps. Compared to its CPA 2500 sibling, the CPA 3000 introduces four balanced inputs and three unbalanced RCA inputs and, on the output side, there are one pair of balanced XLR outputs and a pair of unbalanced RCA outputs.
The CPA 3000 also enables recording output functionality with a single tape loop, for playback and also to record from any of the connected sources. The CPA 3000 also benefits from features such as proprietary high-frequency switch-mode power supply and ultra-low-noise circuitry, to give the very best noise floor performance.
As with all Chord preamps, the front panel controls allow for easy input and output selection and further flexibility with remote control. The fascia features a large easy-to-read vacuum fluorescent display and signal-detection indicators have been replaced with highly accurate VU meters giving both clear signal detection and accurate input level.
Further features include a precision motorized Alps potentiometer for the volume control, fully balanced A/V bypass circuitry for the direct connection to A/V processors from stereo mode, and 12V remote triggering outputs at the rear of the unit, to activate power amplifiers or A/V processors on power-up.
- HF Switch Mode Power Supply
- Blue Velvet ALPS Potentiometer
- -93dB Signal to Noise Ratio
- Fully Balanced Circuitry
- Analog Signal Path
- Input/Output Buffering
- Convection Cooled
- Solid Aluminum Chassis
- IR Remote Control (included)
- 12v Trigger On/Off Input/Output
- 4x Stereo Balanced XLR Inputs – Line In 1, Line In 2, Line In 3, and Line In 4
- 3x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs – Line In 5, Line In 6, Tape 1
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR AV Bypass Input
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR Output
- 2x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Output
“The last time we had a listen to this Chord pre-amplifier we were disappointed. Back in October 2007 ithe preamp was comprehensively outshone by its partner, the excellent SPM 1050 power amplifier: despite impressive detail resolution and agility, it didn’t deliver the solidity or dynamic punch we were expecting from a product at this price. ”
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz +/- 3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002% 20Hz – 20kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion: -100dB on all inputs<
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -93dB on all inputs
- Channel Separation: 10Hz @ 90dB, 1kHz @ 90dB, 10kHz @ 90dB, 20kHz @ 85dB
- Channel Balance: 0.01dB
- Input Max Voltage: 10v RMS Balanced – 5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Max Voltage: 15v RMS Balanced – 5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Offset: 0mV (Both Channels)
- Potentiometer Performance: 0dB 0.5dB, -20dB 0.2dB, -60dB 0.24dB (13 seconds Full Travel)
- Nominal Gain: Fixed at x 1.1
- Input Impedance: 94 kΩ Balanced – 75 kΩ Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 100Ω (Short Circuit Protected)
- Operating Voltage: 85v – 270v AC (50Hz – 60Hz) Auto Switching
- Dimensions Without Integra Legs: 420mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 88mm (h)
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs: 480mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 128mm (h)
- Weight: 10kG
There are no reviews yet.