Product Summary:Developed from the multi-award-winning transportable Hugo 2, the Hugo TT is bigger, better, and more advanced in every way.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
Hugo TT 2 DAC with Preamp and Headphone Amp by Chord Electronics
Developed from the multi-award-winning transportable Hugo 2, the Hugo TT is bigger, better, and more advanced in every way.
Hugo TT 2 has been radically redesigned from the ground up, not only with beautiful new casework by Chief Designer, John Franks, but with 5x the processing power of the original Hugo TT and double that of the multi-award-winning Hugo 2. Hugo TT 2 distills over 20 years of digital development by Rob Watts and takes advantage of the very latest technology.
As expected, it delivers radically improved technical specifications and measurements across the board and exhibits drastic sonic benefits over its predecessor with 768kHz PCM and DSD 512 playback. Hugo TT 2 sets a new benchmark in tabletop audio, only being eclipsed by DAVE.
Delving deeper, in comparison to the 256-tap filters that traditional chip DACs may run at, Hugo TT 2’s beating heart is a powerful Xilinx Artix 7 FPGA, custom-coded by Chord Electronics’ Rob Watts, with 86x 208MHz cores running in parallel to create an advanced 16FS WTA 1 filter with 98,304-taps. Double that of its multi-award-winning transportable brother, Hugo 2 (49,152). Hugo TT 2 also benefits from an upgrade from a 4-element design to a 10-element design, which works in harmony with the radically upgraded FPGA and code to deliver unrivaled audio.
A brand new high-power discreet output stage coupled with second-order noise-shaping integrated between the DAC output and filter is also employed to massively reduce distortion. Further improvements have also been made to the power delivery. Hugo TT 2 avoids the Li-Po battery power supply of the original and ushers in six super capacitors capable of delivering huge, linear dynamic currents when the music demands it with a peak output of 5A, 9.3V RMS.
Hugo TT 2 also brings home the much-loved four-stage user-selectable filter controls introduced with Hugo 2 and retains the three-stage user-selectable digital crossfeed function for headphone users who want to improve the perception of depth, similar to that of speakers.
Hugo TT 2 can be upgraded at any time with the addition of M Scaler, our 1M-tap digital upscaling device.
- Materials: Precision machined aluminum casing with steel ball bearing buttons, gloss black acrylic signal window, glass viewing portal, and dot matrix display. Available in a choice of two colors – silver, and satin black
- Tap length filter: 98,304-tap 16FS WTA 1 – 10 element design
- Connectivity (input): 1x USB Type-B, 2x Coax BNC, 2x Optical & Bluetooth
- Connectivity (output): Stereo XLR, Stereo RCA, 2x 6.5mm Headphone jack & 1x 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Connectivity (digital output): 2x DX BNC (expansion outputs)
- PCM support: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6 and 768kHz – 16 to 32bit
- DSD support: DoP DSD 64 to DSD 512 – native via Windows
- Volume control: Digital
- Line-level mode: Activated within the menu
- Driver support: Driverless with Mac OS X and Linux, driver required for Windows OS
- IR Remote Control Included
“The Chord Electronics Hugo TT2 is an absolute powerhouse of a combo with a highly detailed DAC and a smooth-sounding amplification stage that can handle a very wide range of headphones. Its calling card is timing, precision, and bags of detail but rather than a dull neutral delivery it is perhaps surprisingly musical in its approach.”
“The Hugo TT2 is a brilliant DAC. Chord has produced yet another class leader”
Headphones n Stuff
“The Hugo TT2 is an all around performer. It does not have the ultimate DAC quality of the DAVE, no. It makes that trade off to be what I consider one of the best, and flexible all in one headphones source components in existence for half the price of the DAVE. Two thumbs up from me!”
- Dynamic range: 127dB ‘A’ weighted
- Noise: 4 uV ‘A’ weighted (high gain), 1.7 uV ‘A’ weighted (low gain) with no measurable noise floor modulation
- Distortion: 0.00008% @ 2.5 V 300Ω; 0.00016% @ 6 W 8Ω
- Output power (unbalanced): (@1% THD) 288 mW RMS 300Ω; 7.3 W RMS 8Ω
- Output power (balanced): (@1% THD) 1.15 W RMS 300Ω; 18W RMS 8Ω
- Output impedance: 0.042Ω
- Stereo separation: 9 V RMS 300Ω -138dB
- Dimensions: 5.2cm (H) 23.5cm (W) 23.8cm (D)
- Weight: 2.53kg