Product Summary:Jaguar is an Authorized Retailer for all Ortofon products. The 2M Bronze is the ideal choice for user who want a higher level of performance at a lower cost than the 2M Black. The Bronze is a bit more forgiving than the Black, which makes it a very good fit for systems that have a bit too much edge that needs to be brought under control.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
2M Bronze – Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge By Ortofon
Jaguar is an Authorized Retailer for all Ortofon products. The 2M Bronze is the ideal choice for user who want a higher level of performance at a lower cost than the 2M Black. The Bronze is a bit more forgiving than the Black, which makes it a very good fit for systems that have a bit too much edge that needs to be brought under control.
The Ortofon 2M Bronze features a nude Fine-Line stylus, polished to the highest standards. The slimmer profile of this stylus will track even the highest frequency modulations, making this cartridge better suited for extremely demanding material. Surface noise is kept to a minimum due to the stylus profile. Distortion and record wear are substantially reduced. The Bronze is a serious bargain at this price.
The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention which enables moving magnet cartridges to have flat frequency response, just like a moving coil cartridge. Ortofon invented the Split pole pin technology that was originally offered in the 500 series and Super OM series. The 2M series was developed in conjunction with Danish designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award-winning MC Jubilee and very successful Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
The 2M series is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Ortofon’s philosophy is to make cartridges which reproduce the record grooves as accurately as possible, without coloring the sound. The 2M series design has been optimized for ease of mounting and their weight and size fit virtually any current turntable. The name 2M was selected among several ideas. Ortofon wanted a modern name which would be both easy to pronounce and to remember, therefore an alpha numerical name was chosen. Mathematically 2M can be also represented as MM, which also happens to be the abbreviation for moving magnet. Of course, the 2M isn’t just another pretty face. Engineered to the highest standards the 2M series follows Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz – 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz – 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
- Frequency range at – 3dB – 20-29.000 Hz
- Frequency response – 20-20.000 + 2 / – 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type – Nude Fine Line
- Stylus tip radius – r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking force range – 1,4-1,7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 1,5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 1,2 kOhm
- Internal inductance – 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Bronze
- Cartridge weight – 7,2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight – 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length – 52 mm
- Replacement stylus unit – 2M Bronze (interchangeable with 2M Black)