Product Summary:The Chord Electronics Prima preamplifier forms part of the stylish and compact Choral range and has been designed to complement Chord's Mezzo power amps.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
Prima Solid State Linestage by Chord Electronics
The Chord Electronics Prima preamplifier forms part of the stylish and compact Choral range and has been designed to complement Chord’s Mezzo power amps.
The Chord Prima preamplifier is precision-machined from solid aircraft-grade aluminum billet and offers both remote control and front panel operation. Prima’s fascia sports volume and balance controls while its push-button controls atop the unit, offer input selection and tape line selection, the latter enabling its tape outputs to be selected for recording from source components. Further design features include a top panel display, offering input choice and volume information, plus a clever porthole that enables the internal circuit board to be seen.
The Prima also benefits from our legendary proprietary ultra-high-frequency power supply, which is common to all Chord amplifiers. Prima offers fully balanced circuitry throughout and useful flexibility with five inputs, four unbalanced RCA, and one balanced XLR, plus a balanced XLR output and a tape output. For added versatility, Prima’s audio circuit offers six independent input gain adjustments for the five inputs and low impedance outputs.
- HF Switch Mode Power Supply
- Blue Velvet ALPS Potentiometer
- -93dB Signal to Noise Ratio
- Fully Balanced Circuitry
- Analog Signal Path
- Input/Output Buffering
- Convection Cooled
- Solid Aluminum Chassis
- IR Remote Control (included)
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR Input – Main Line 1
- 4x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs – Line In 2, Line In 3, Line In 4, Line In
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR Output – Output 1
- 1x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Tape Output – Tape Output
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: 100Ω (Short Circuit Protected)
- Operating Voltage: 50v – 260v AC (50Hz – 60Hz) Auto Switching
- Dimensions: 335mm (w) x 170mm (d) x 65mm (h)
- Weight: 8kG