Product Summary:The Chord Electronics ULTIMA 3 Power Amplifier features the new aesthetic, plus four inputs, perfectly blending performance, and a more affordable price point at the ULTIMA level.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
Ultima 3 Monoblock Power Amplifiers by Chord Electronics
The Chord Electronics ULTIMA 3 Power Amplifier features the new aesthetic, plus four inputs, perfectly blending performance, and a more affordable price point at the ULTIMA level.
The Chord Electronics flagship ULTIMA amplifier topology has been integrated into a new mono power amplifier as part of the 30th-anniversary celebration, now introducing ULTIMA 3. The ULTIMA amplifier topology is now more affordable by having trickled down into the new ULTIMA 3 mono power amp, which is every bit a Chord Electronics thoroughbred and shares the same winning formula as its range-topping cousin.
The 480-watt ULTIMA 3 amp has a remodeled fascia featuring John Franks’ latest design. The precision CNC-machined fascia is made from aircraft-grade aluminum and features a reassuringly solid 28-mm thick front panel, enhanced by a recessed spherical polycarbonate power button that illuminates for standby and operation modes; a discreet and hidden front panel switch neatly located in the vertical split line enables the lighting to be dimmed.
Like all of Chord Electronics’ full-size and Reference range amplifiers, the new ULTIMA 3 is available in a choice of Jett Black or Argent Silver finishes. The amplifier can also be specified with either the famous stackable Integra Leg system in Jett Black, Argent Silver, or Nickel finishes or the highly polished black acrylic side block option. The amplifier’s rear panel contains both balanced and unbalanced connections, high-quality loudspeaker terminals, a 12V trigger, and a C-19-type IEC.
- Class AB Sliding Bias
- HF Switch Mode Power Supply
- Proprietary Chord MOSFETs
- Fully Balanced Circuitry
- Convection Cooled
- 12v Trigger On/Off Input
- Dimmable feature lighting
- Included Top Light Ring
- Solid Aluminum Chassis
- 1x Balanced XLR Inverted Input
- 1x Balanced XLR Non-inverted Input
- 1x Gold Plated Unbalanced RCA Inverted Input
- 1x Gold Plated Unbalanced RCA Non-inverted Input
- 1x 12v Trigger Input – Chord Electronics Auto Start
- 2x Pair of High Quality, High Current, Gold Plated Type Speaker Terminals (Bi-wireable)
- Output Power:
- 480w RMS per channel @ 0.005% distortion into 8Ω
- Frequency Response: -1dB @ 0.2Hz to 46kHz and -3dB 0.1Hz to 200kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Better than -84dB
- Input Impedance: 100kΩ Unbalanced/Balanced
- Output Impedance: 0.04Ω
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs: 18cm (H) x 48cm (W) x 36cm (D)
- Dimensions with Optional Side Blocks: 15cm (H) x 42cm (W) x 36cm (D)
- Weight: 22.4kG