Product Summary:The ULTIMA Pre 2 Linestage Preamplifer contains the latest proprietary ultra-high-frequency power supply with eight inputs. Featuring unrivaled connectivity and minimal coloration, the ULTIMA PRE 2 can be the hub of your reference Hi-Fi system without taking anything away from the incoming signal.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
Ultima Pre 2 Solid State Linestage Preamplifier by Chord Electronics
The ULTIMA Pre 2 Linestage Preamplifer contains the latest proprietary ultra-high-frequency power supply with eight inputs. Featuring unrivaled connectivity and minimal coloration, the ULTIMA PRE 2 can be the hub of your reference Hi-Fi system without taking anything away from the incoming signal.
The fully modernized ULTIMA PRE 2 is a reference preamplifier built to complement stereo systems of the highest order and represents the finest Chord Electronics engineering inside and out.
Just as a preamplifier should, the ULTIMA PRE 2 adds nothing to the original waveform and instead preserves it with zero coloration. This is thanks to the latest advances in switch-mode power supply design, developed from aerospace technologies, and ultra-low-noise proprietary solid-state circuitry which is both carefully shielded and equipped with premium system components. As a result, the ULTIMA PRE 2 is able to achieve unprecedented noise floor performance of -130dB, meaning your source will always sound like your source and nothing else.
Where connectivity is concerned, the ULTIMA PRE 2 features eight inputs, four stereo pairs of XLRs for balanced connections, and four RCA for unbalanced connections, each of these can be gain-matched and individually selected. For outputs, a stereo pair is available via either XLR or RCA, to accommodate a single stereo amplifier such as the ULTIMA 5 or a pair of monoblocks such as the ULTIMA 3s. Headphone users are also catered to for personal and late-night listening with the addition of a high-resolution 6.35mm output on the front fascia.
Where system-triggering is important, (allowing the simultaneous start-up of connected equipment from a single button-press), the ULTIMA PRE 2 is equipped with three outputs which should be more than enough for most systems.
- HF Switch Mode Power Supply
- Blue Velvet ALPS Potentiometer
- -115dB Signal to Noise Ratio
- Advanced Shielding Technology
- Fully Balanced Circuitry
- Analog Signal Path
- Input/Output Buffering
- Convection Cooled
- Solid Aluminum Chassis
- IR Remote Control (included)
- Top Light Ring (included)
- 12v Trigger On/Off Input/Output
- 4x Stereo Balanced XLR Inputs – Line In 1, Line In 2, Line In 3, and Line In 4
- 4x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs – Line In 5, Line In 6, Tape 1, Tape 2
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR AV Bypass Input
- 1x Stereo Output – Either via Balanced XLR or Unbalanced RCA
- 2x Stereo Outputs – RCA unattenuated for recording loop
“If the Ultima flagship is a costly ‘technology demonstrator’ then these Ultima 2 offsprings are a textbook illustration of trickledown in action. Frankly, if you were enthralled by the debut Ultimas and have been saving ever since then cash in your chips now, buy the Ultima 2s instead and spend the excess £40k on new floorstanders and music. Yes, the Ultima Pre 2 and Ultima 2 really are that good.”
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz +/- 3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002% 20Hz – 20kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion: -115dB on all inputs
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -120dB on all inputs
- Channel Separation: 20Hz @ 100dB, 1kHz @ 95dB, 10kHz @ 90dB, 20kHz @ 85dB
- Channel Balance: 0.01dB
- Input Max Voltage: 17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Max Voltage: 17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Offset: 0mV (Both Channels)
- Potentiometer Performance: 0dB 0.5dB, -20dB 0.2dB, -60dB 0.24dB (13seconds Full Travel)
- Nominal Gain: All inputs subject to six levels of switchable gain – x0.5, x1, x1.5, x2, x2.5, and x3
- Input Impedance: 100 kΩ Balanced – 50 kΩ Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 100Ω (Short Circuit Protected)
- Operating Voltage: 85v – 270v AC (50Hz – 60Hz) Auto Switching
- Power Consumption: 30w
- Dimensions Without Integra Legs: 420mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 133mm (h)
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs: 480mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 173mm (h)
- Weight: 18kG