Product Summary:The Chord Electronics ULTIMA linestage preamplifier is designed to be entirely uncompromising, a world-class preamplifier with the most advanced proprietary Chord Electronics technology.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
Ultima Linestage Preamplifier by Chord Electronics
The Chord Electronics ULTIMA linestage preamplifier is designed to be entirely uncompromising, a world-class preamplifier with the most advanced proprietary Chord Electronics technology.
The Chord Electronics Ultima Linestage Preamplifier is a product of three decades of research, design, and engineering in the UK, it benefits from true dual-mono construction with separate ultra-high-frequency power supplies for each channel, giving the best possible separation. With the addition of valuable low-noise circuitry, the noise floor performance is exceptional, at beyond -117dB.
Featuring impressive double-height dimensions, the ULTIMA preamp has been created to perfectly complement the flagship ULTIMA mono power amplifier, also the most advanced in the company’s 30-year history. With wide-ranging inputs and outputs, including balanced connectivity, ULTIMA offers complete flexibility for high-performance partnering equipment, enhanced further by the fascia-mounted separate frequency EQ adjust controls for the left and right channels. Headphone outputs offer further flexibility for late-night and personal listening in style.
Each ULTIMA preamp is hand-made in the Kent factory, with the various stages of build and production carefully overseen by one highly skilled technician. Sensitive internal circuit features are protected by solid milled aluminum shielding to prevent RF interference and Chord Electronics’ legendary UK-produced aircraft-grade aluminum provides a solid and resonance-eliminating enclosure for the electronics within, complemented by the famous Integra Leg System.
ULTIMA is the ultimate expression of the finest high-performance, ultra-fast, ultra-high-power amplifier technology available today.
- HF Switch Mode Power Supply
- Blue Velvet ALPS Potentiometer
- -125dB Signal to Noise Ratio
- Advanced Shielding Technology
- Fully Balanced Circuitry
- Analog Signal Path
- Input/Output Buffering
- Convection Cooled
- Solid Aluminum Chassis
- IR Remote Control (included)
- Top Light Ring (included)
- 12v Trigger On/Off Input/Output
- 4x Stereo Balanced XLR Inputs – Line In 1, Line In 2, Line In 3, and Line In 4
- 4x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs – Line In 5, Line In 6, Tape 1, Tape 2
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR AV Bypass Input
- 3x Stereo Output – Selectable – Either via Balanced XLR or Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz +/- 3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002% 20Hz – 20kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion: -125dB on all inputs
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -117dB on all inputs
- Channel Separation: 20Hz @ 110dB, 1kHz @ 105dB, 10kHz @ 100dB, 20kHz @ 95dB
- Channel Balance: 0.01dB
- Input Max Voltage: 17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Max Voltage: 17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Offset: 0mV (Both Channels)
- Potentiometer Performance: 0dB 0.5dB, -20dB 0.2dB, -60dB 0.24dB (13 seconds Full Travel)
- Nominal Gain: All inputs subject to six levels of switchable gain – x0.5, x1, x1.5, x2, x2.5, and x3
- Input Impedance: 100 kΩ Balanced – 50 kΩ Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 100Ω (Short Circuit Protected)
- Operating Voltage: 85v – 270v AC (50Hz – 60Hz) Auto Switching
- Power Consumption: 60w
- Dimensions Without Integra Legs: 420mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 310mm (h)
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs: 480mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 350mm (h)
- Weight: 30kG