Product Summary:The T+A MP 2500 R is a Multi-Source Player for CD and SACD, as well as a PCM / DSD DAC. Compared to the smaller MP 2000 R MK II player, the 2500 has SACD capability via the same SACD transport used in the MP 3100 HV.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
MP 2500 R Digital Multi Player By T+A HiFi
The T+A MP 2500 R is a Multi-Source Player for CD and SACD, as well as a PCM / DSD DAC. Compared to the smaller MP 2000 R MK II player, the 2500 has SACD capability via the same SACD transport used in the MP 3100 HV.
The MP 2500 R is T+A’s newest and most sophisticated Multi Source Player and PCM / DSD DAC in the R-Series. This device has the same overall design philosophy and technical facilities as the smaller MP 2000 R MK II player. Both have been developed to reproduce high-res audio files without any trace of compromise. Instead of a CD mechanism, T+A has equipped the MP 2500 R with the SACD drive from T+A’s High-End SACD player MP 3100 HV which is a completely new development.
As in the MP 2000 R MK II, PCM data is converted using T+A’s outstanding double-differential quadruple converter with all its sophisticated digital signal processing. DSD data are handled by the unique analog T+A true 1-bit DSD converter from the PDP 3000 HV, which processes the DSD data in native form as a bitstream rather than converting them. This makes it possible to reproduce DSD data up to DSD 512, as delivered by the USB input of the digital connecting board, to the highest level of quality.
The machine’s streaming client takes the form of the new T+A high-res streaming board, which provides maximum resolution as well as the facility to access various music services, Internet radio, inclusion in the home network via LAN and WLAN, USB Master Mode, and HD streaming from network servers. The digital tuner offers FM, FM-HD, and DAB+ capability, and delivers excellent sound. The MP 2500 R also includes a high-quality Bluetooth streaming module for transferring music from mobile devices.
The machine is controlled using the SRC 1 infra-red remote control handset the T+A MusicNavigator App. In contrast to many manufacturers’ Apps, this app is capable of controlling every element of every function of T+A’s machines. Not only does it display the information pertaining to the streaming client, but also the screen content of all sources, such as the station name and radio text when used in FM radio mode.
T+A’s audiophile customers often wish to be able to play music from CD and SACD, because none of us wants to just throw away our old collection, and there’s an undeniable charm in owning tangible data medium. In fact, the SACD is currently experiencing a revival. Therefore T+A decided to develop a completely new, modern SACD mechanism incorporating the latest decoder technology, offering very short access times and outstanding error correction. It is capable of reading CD (PCM 44.1) and SACD (DSD 64 2.8 MHz) discs at the highest possible quality. T+A has invested a huge amount of effort in the mechanical design of the drive unit, incorporating a high-quality drive, double laser optics, and heavy-duty motors.
With the aim of eliminating all traces of interaction between the moving parts of the disc drive and the remainder of the player T+A’s disc mechanism features mechanical isolation. A heavy aluminum plate and a solid case, act as a mass-damping device, thereby preventing any structural sound from the mounting surface from finding its way to the electronics and the disc mechanism. The disc drawer runs on two accurately machined stainless steel pushrods, while the disc rests in a specially coated, high-quality ABS cradle.
“The T+A gear never lost its composure on anything I played through it. Whether at concert volume or quiet evening listening levels the character and presentation remained absolutely consistent, stable and musically expressive.”
“There are a few things still to sort at the time of writing, including Roon integration and the Music Navigator app, but there’s no doubt this ‘bridge’ player still delivers everything in its considerable arsenal without compromise. Its big, bold but lavishly detailed sound matches the solid, precision engineering of its design and construction. It’s undeniably expensive, but the performance is sublime.”
Digital Connecting Board
- S/P-DIF digital inputs : 1x Coax, 2x BNC, 2x TOS-Link
- USB (Device Mode) : 1x USB Device Mode asynchronous
- USB (Master Mode) : 2 x USB Master-Mode for USB-storage devices
FM – Tuner
- Reception standard : FM, FM-HD
- Frequency range : 87,5 – 108 MHz;
- Sensitivity :(>65 dBA S/N) 1 μV
- Overload margin : 103 dB uV
- Total harmonic distortion : 0,1%
- Signal / noise ratio (mono / stereo): 72/62 dB
- Stereo channel separation : 50 dB
- De-emphasis : 50/75 us
- Data services : RDS/RDBS, station name (PS), programme type (PTY), radiotext (RT)
DAB – Tuner
- Reception standard : DAB, DAB+
- Frequency range : 168 -240 MHz (Band III)
- Sensitivity (BER = 10 – 4) : 2,0 μV
- Overload margin : 103 dB uV
- Bluetooth : A2DP (Audio), AVRCP 1.4 (Control) / aptX®, MP3, SBC
- Analog outputs high level (RCA) : 2,5 Veff / 50 Ohms
- Analog outputs balanced (XLR) : 5,0 Veff / 50 Ohms
- Digital outputs : 1 x coax, IEC 60958 S/P-DIF (LPCM)
- PCM : Double differential quadruple converter with four D/A converters per channel, 32-bit sigma-delta, 352.8kSps/384kSps
- DSD : T+A-True-1Bit DSD D/A-converter up to DSD 512 (22 MHz)
- Frequency response PCM 44,1 kSps : 2 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency response PCM 48 kSps / DSD 64 : 2 Hz – 22 kHz / 2 Hz – 44 kHz
- Frequency response PCM 96 kSps / DSD 128 : 2 Hz – 40 kHz / 2 Hz – 60 kHz
- Frequency response PCM 192 kSps / DSD 256 : 2 Hz – 80 kHz / 2 Hz – 80 kHz
- Frequency response PCM 384 kSps / DSD 512 : 2 Hz – 100 kHz / 2 Hz – 100 kHz
- Analog filter : Phase-linear Bessel filter of 3rd Order with 100 kHz cut-off frequency
- Total harmonic distortion : < 0,001 %
- Signal / noise ratio : 116 dB
- Channel separation : 110 dB
Mains / Accessories / Dimensions
- Control interface : R2-Link
- Remote control : SRC 1, T+A MusicNavigator APP
- Mains connection : 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption max. : 40 Watts
- ECO-Standby : 0,3 Watt
- Auto power off function : yes (after 90 minutes without audio signal)
- Optional Accessories : Power Three HD (Carbon) | Power Bar | Audio Quad (Carbon) | Audio Triax (Carbon) | IP-Steuerung
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 16,5 × 46 × 40 cm
- Weight : 11,3 kg
- Finishes : Silver anodized aluminum (43), black anodized aluminum (42), brushed
Technical modifications reserved
User manual MP 2500 R
There are no reviews yet.