Product Summary:The PSM156 Power Conditioner from Puritan Audio Laboratories builds upon the brilliance of the legendary PSM136, retaining the symmetrically balanced circuitry and 6 fully isolated outputs, while also dramatically increasing the number of independent stages of noise filtration.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
PSM156 Power Conditioner by Puritan Audio Laboratories
The PSM156 Power Conditioner from Puritan Audio Laboratories builds upon the brilliance of the legendary PSM136, retaining the symmetrically balanced circuitry and 6 fully isolated outputs, while also dramatically increasing the number of independent stages of noise filtration.
PSM156 Studio Master Mains Purifier
The PSM156 power conditioner is built on the foundation of Puritan’s legendary PSM136, by retaining the symmetrically balanced circuitry and 6 fully independent outputs. However, the PSM156 increases the number of independently tuned filter elements from 39 to 52 enabling your system to deliver even greater delicacy and detail whilst enhancing dynamics and punch.
The PSM156 will lift your system into a new dimension. Definition takes an enormous stride forward, individual instruments gain air between them with their sound and timbre becoming believable, the sound-stage will move out of your speakers and into the room with gains in three-dimensionality with clarity, definition, and space between the instruments for them to interrelate rather than muddle each other. Your listening will become a far more engaging and pleasurable experience.
- Rebalances the AC sine wave removing the DC component, preventing transformer buzz, and allowing them to breathe properly at full efficiency.
- Six 15 Amp Outlets each with independent refilter stages for both common and differential mode disturbances avoiding cross-contamination between connected equipment.
- 52 cumulative stages of purification remove common and differential mode interference, enhancing clarity, staging, and dynamics.
- Equal resistance routing to all outputs realizes full dynamic performance.
- Integral earth management system inbuilt with cleansed ground and star earthing format further lowers the noise floor and further enhances clarity and dynamics.
- Internal wiring silver-plated OFC copper PTFE insulated.
- Massive 9,000 Amps Repetitive Rating, three-dimensional, non-sacrificial voltage surge protection.
- Rated Voltage 110-250v AC 50/60Hz
- IEC Type C20 Input
- Electrically and magnetically shielded casing.
- Dimensions W430, D230, H110.
- Manufactured in the UK
- 5 Year Warranty
- Awarded a 6 Moons Blue Moon (reserved only for “outstanding” products of “rare excellence”).
- Awarded “Product of the Decade” and “Publishers Choice” by The Stereo Times
The Audiophile Man
“I was impressed by two things from the Puritan. The decrease in the amount of noise allowed me to hear more information, enhancing all frequencies over the soundstage. The improvement in clarity and focus also helped the music to flow and eradicated harmful frequencies that sometimes demanded hands over the ears. More than that, though, while noise was reduced, the dynamics were never reduced. Hence, the music retained its life and vigour. I never thought that the ‘treated’ music ever sounded dull which is a great tribute to the design. The Puritan PSM156 is an ideal method to treat mains noise and distortive elements, letting you hear more music which is, after all, the point of hi-fi.”
6Moons (Blue Moon Award Winner!)
“On the playground of our resident hardware, I personally see no compelling reason to spend more on AC power filtering even for our top system. The PSM156 hits very hard but within the 2019 status quo of its segment, remains priced very fair. That makes it an exciting highly commendable discovery!”
“We always seek to provide honest great value with solidly engineered products designed to last a very long time indeed. There are enough regular new flavors of every other component out there crying out for our attention and cash, a mains management solution should be a buy-enjoy-but-just-leave-it-there investment.”